The Lextended Day Program is looking for drama specialists, artists, and physical education teachers to join our team. This teacher will work with children of all elementary school grade levels (K-5).
Responsibilities will also include:
- Managing and monitoring students in the cafeteria, gym, and on the playground
- Maintaining a safe and organized environment
- Collaborating with other staff on a daily basis
- Communicating with parents in regards to student development
- Ability to command respect and cooperation of elementary aged-children
- Confidence to lead a group in community building skills and in a variety of activities.
- Ability to assess and solve problems associated with elementary aged-children
- Ability to create and maintain a fun and socially beneficial environment
Applicants should be outgoing, personable and reliable. A degree in education is preferred, but a related degree is acceptable.We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic, patient and caring individuals who are flexible and accountable.
Some experience with school aged children is a necessity.
Transportation is a necessity as we are not accessible by public transportation.
References are preferred
Please reply by email with a COVER LETTER AND RESUME to Careers@Lextendedday.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lextended Day is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Compensation for this job depends on experience.