Revolutionary Revelry is a month-long, family friendly cultural event designed to bring new customers to Lexington businesses and organizations. It was created as a way to market existing arts, music, business and other organization events, and to showcase all of the diversity that an experience in Lexington offers, with the goal of bringing new customers to these entities. It is managed by the Lexington Tourism Committee.
Many of the events are designed to draw bikeway users into Lexington so they make Lexington businesses a piece of their usual stop as they travel through. In the past events such as the Lexington Battle-Green BBQ, Shoppers Day, and the Food Truck Festival have been held. Partners have included Bicycle Advisory Committee, the Dance Inn, the William Diamond Junior Fife & Drum, Lexington Arts & Crafts Society, Elephant's Trunk, Recreation Department, and local businesses and restaurants.
Proposers shall submit five (6) copies of the package to Melisa Tintocalis, Economic Development Officer, Town of Lexington, 1625 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington, MA 02420 not later than 12:00 PM Noon, Monday, December 1, 2014.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PROJECT:
For additional information on the scope of work, contact Dawn McKenna, Chairman, Lexington Tourism Committee. 781-862-0500, extension 84585. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Must be available every Thursday to participate in and/or facilitate working group meeting
• Liaison between Committee and event organizers
• Keep print calendars up-to-date and forward information to webmaster for on-line calendar
• Follow-up with businesses
• Help develop event ideas
• On-site manager at May events
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy and knowledge of social networking media
• Good people skills
• Assist in coordinating volunteers
• Acts as a conduit for Revolutionary Revelry information
• Have event planning and management experience
• Have a college degree
• Knowledgeable of Lexington businesses and the community
• Adaptable to last minute changes and stressful situations
Revolutionary Revelry 2014:
The 2014 Calendar can be viewed at:
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED IN SUBMISSION :
1. References - minimum of three from projects of similar scope and scale within the last five years, including name, phone number, email address, and a brief description of project
2. Resume of experience and education
3. Statement that applicant would be able to commit the resources necessary to plan and manage the project, including, availability on Thursdays mornings, availability throughout the month of May including nights and weekends, and ability to complete the project by June 15, 2015
4. Stipend required for project
1. Experience of the proposer in providing closely events planning and management management
2. Familiarity with Lexington businesses and organizations
3. Historic performance of proposer on similar project(s)
4. Demonstrated ability to meet a tight construction schedule.
EVALUATION OF SUBMISSION
Proposals will be evaluated by representative(s) of the Revolutionary Revelry Planning Group of the Tourism Committee of the Town of Lexington, and the Economic Development Officer. Interviews may be requested of the top candidates. The award will be made as soon as a qualified application has been determined. The successful bidder will be expected to sign the contract in person at the Town Office Building as soon as practicable.
Proposal must be received in the Economic Development Office
The Town reserves the right to modify the proposal deadline
All proposals will be reviewed and the most highly qualified candidates may be invited to an interview. Said interview will take place on Thursday, December 4th between 10:30 am – 12 noon
Economic Development Officer
Town of Lexington
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
Lexington MA 02420