• Develop and lead varied, multi-subject activities for youth that are enriching and age-appropriate. (e.g. arts education, STEM, community engagement, physical education, etc.)
• Assist participants with homework and teach skills that will aid them in the completion of school work.
• Provide supervisory care for a group of 10 - 13 youth during group activities.
• Be able to identify when one-on-one care is needed, and provide it effectively and positively.
• Attend professional development trainings and agency meetings that occur during non-program hours, as required.
• Ensure safety of all participants during structured and unstructured time.
• Assist with preparation of snacks and other program functions. (e.g. clean-up, meal time, transitions, etc.)
• Provide positive role-modeling, reinforcement and behavior modification when necessary.
• Remain controlled in difficult situations.
• Guide children to develop appropriate social skills with peers and adults.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated involvement and commitment to the youth community.
• Experience (volunteer/paid) working with youth.
• Good administrative and supervisory skills; demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• At least 21 years of age with a clean valid driver’s license preferred.
• 7-D Van Driver License or willingness to obtain license.
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• A Criminal Offenders Records Information request and Sexual Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position.